Home Burned By Drifting Fireworks, Then Robbed 7-05-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Home Burned By Drifting Fireworks, Then Robbed 7-05-2010

A Bay City couple who thought things couldn’t get much worse found out they could.
Bill and Jennifer Jasman were inside their North Grant Street house Saturday night when flames quickly began racing up the side of their home.
After a quick inspection, the homeowners learned a mortar from a neighbor’s stray firework landed near the home and sparked the blaze.
"We got a knock on the door saying your bush is on fire and we need a bucket of water," Jennifer said. "By the time my husband got out here, the fire was halfway up the house."
The Jasmans were forced leave their home as fire crews worked to clear the scene. When they returned to retrieve some of their belongings, they realized their home had been burglarized.
The couple said thieves ransacked the charred home and stole several electronics and personal valuables.
"I wonder what people think," Jennifer said. "Why would they do something like that?"
The fire destroyed a bedroom. The house also sustained excessive water damage.
An insurance adjuster will be at the home later this week.
The Jasmans said they filed a report with police.
Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.