Investigators said another state has come forward with questions if the serial stabber, who terrorized Mid-Michigan for weeks, is responsible for crimes in that state.
And while investigators won't tell TV5 which state they've been in contact with, they are confirming they're looking into the possibility.
They're also taking a second look at crimes in the Genesee County area to see if Elias Abuelazam may be responsible.
The Israeli born man, who was here on a green card, was nabbed last week in Atlanta while trying to board a flight to his hometown of Tel Aviv.
He's now waiting to be extradited back to Michigan from Georgia to face charges.
Meanwhile, authorities in Flint are debating when, how and who will pay for Abuelazam's return to Michigan.
Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton said Monday that Elias Abuelazam remained jailed in Atlanta on a charge of assault with intent to murder in a July 17 attack in Flint.
Leyton said he's identifying flight, security and costs for Abuelazam's extradition. He said Genesee County's $18 million budget deficit may force him to seek state or local funds to help cover the cost.
Investigators said Abuelazam is the man responsible for at least 18 attacks, five of them fatal.