Generator Sparks Fire At Radio Studio Building 9-08-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Generator Sparks Fire At Radio Studio Building 9-08-2010

An early Wednesday morning fire at a Flint-area radio station complex on Bristol Road has been extinguished.
The fire began just before 5 a.m. at the Townsquare Media Building in Burton.
The building houses several radio stations, including Carz 108, Banana 101.5 and Flint News Talk 1470.
Officials from the Burton Fire Department said the building was being powered by a backup generator because of a power outage overnight.
The generator, which operates on natural gas, malfunctioned and heated up an exterior brick wall that eventually sparked the fire, officials said.
Several employees inside the building were evacuated for a short time.
"We're very lucky," said Carz 108 morning co-host Erin Bishop. "The fire department did a great job. The good thing is everyone's safe."
No injures were reported.
Chief Meteorologist Darrin Bradley has this look at weather happenings in the Great Lakes Bay Region.
Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.