Smell Of Smoke Prompts School Evacuation 9-27-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Smell Of Smoke Prompts School Evacuation 9-27-2010

Saginaw Arts & Sciences Academy students were forced to evacuate Monday morning after reports of a "burning smell" in the building.
School officials evacuated the students just after 11 a.m. as a precaution.
The all-clear was giving about a half an hour later, and students were allowed to return to class.
School spokesperson Safiya Mosley said that duct work was being performed on the school's heating system. It was later determined a rubber belt on a motor overheated and likely caused the order.
"The kids did very well," Mosley said. "Once we got the all-clear, the students went back and continued their lunch hour."
No injuries were reported.
Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.