Man Accused Of Stabbings In Court With Injuries 10-29-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Man Accused Of Stabbings In Court With Injuries 10-29-2010

Serial killing suspect Elias Abuelazam was arraigned before Central District Court Judge John Conover on Friday on the latest charges filed against him in a series of stabbings earlier this year.
Abuelazam, 34, is now charged with three murders in the Flint area as well as five attempted murders, all tied to a string of attacks that panicked the area last summer.
WNEM TV5’s Julie Banovic was in the 67th District Courtroom Friday and said Abuelazam was escorted to the courtroom in shackles and was surrounded by several Genesee County sheriff's deputies.
Authorities at the jail said Abuelazam would be chained and shackled at all times going forward when he is released from his cell becuase of a jail altercation that occurred between Abuelazam and guards on Wednesday. Two deputies were injured.
Abuelazam's face was swollen Friday in court with a noticeable black eye, and cuts and bruises on his forehead.
This was the first time Abuelazam appeared in court, all other arraignments and pretrial conferences were done via closed circuit video since he was extradited from Georgia in August.
Last week, Genesee County Prosecutor David Leyton charged Abuelazam with open murder in the deaths of Darwin Marshall, 43, in Flint on July 26 and Frank Kellybrew, 60, in Flint Township four days later.
Fourteen people were stabbed, five of them fatally, in the Flint area from May until August.
Abuelazam also is charged with attempted murder in a similar attack in Toledo, Ohio, and is suspected in stabbings in Leesburg, Va., where he once lived.
Abuelazam is due back in court in November.
Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.