Family Loses House, Christmas Gifts During Fire 12-16-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Family Loses House, Christmas Gifts During Fire 12-16-2010

A Saginaw County family is facing Christmas without a home this year after a fire ripped through their Taymouth Township mobile home.
The fire was reported just before 7 a.m. Thursday at 932 Squirrel Lane, just off Rathbun Road near Birch Run.
The homeowner, a single mother and her three boys, ages 7, 5 and 3 weeks old escaped the blaze with only the clothes they were wearing.
WNEM TV5’s Jay Brandow reported the mother took the children to their grandmother’s house nearby on Marshall Road as a neighbor called 911 to report the fire


Officials said it’s unclear exactly what started the fire, but all of the family’s Christmas presents were destroyed by the flames.
The mother also suffered second and third degree burns during the escape.
Anyone wishing to help the family is urged to call Kim Bunker at 989-274-6528. Bunker is a neighbor to the fire victim’s.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.