Ogemaw County Bar Damaged By Grease Fire 12-31-2010 - WNEM TV 5

Ogemaw County Bar Damaged By Grease Fire 12-31-2010

Grease buildup in a vent system is being blamed for a fire at a popular hangout on Thursday night.
It happened at the Cedar Bar in Lupton. A picture of the bar was posted on TV5’s Facebook page by James Sanders.
Crews were able to put the fire out quickly, but not before it damaged the kitchen and roof. Authorities said no one was hurt.
“Thanks to Lupton Fire Department, they stopped the fire from taking down the Cedar Bar,” said Bruse Baumann, of Lupton. “[There was] fire damage in the cooking area, nice hole in the roof, [and] some wiring burned. Could have been worse.”
The bar will be closed for about a month while repairs are carried out.
Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.