Space Heater May Have Ignited Fire In Saginaw 4-12-2011 - WNEM TV 5

Space Heater May Have Ignited Fire In Saginaw 4-12-2011

A Saginaw man said the sound of smoke detectors helped save his life when his home caught fire.
It happened at around 3 a.m. Tuesday.
Firefighters used fans to move the smoke out of the home.
We've learned that a space heater may have ignited the fire on the 900 block of South Wheeler Street.
The man was able to get out of the home safely.
Emergency crews also saved the man's dog, who was trapped inside.
TV5 Facebook fan Katherine Crimp posted the following on our page about the incident:
"My next door neighbors house caught on fire couple hours ago. Only 1 person in the house. He got out but couldn't find his dog. I want to thank Brandon, a fireman, for finding Lucy and bringing her out alive. They gave her oxygen and she's gonna be fine. Thank you guys. I know my neighbor is very grateful."
Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.