Child Among 3 Injured In Flint Rental Home Fire 4-22-2011 - WNEM TV 5

Child Among 3 Injured In Flint Rental Home Fire 4-22-2011

At least three people, including a young child, were taken to a hospital for serious burns after an early-morning house fire in Flint.
The blaze began in a rental home near the intersection of Seventh and Stockton streets just after 6:30 a.m. Friday.
Flint fire officials said three adults and two children living inside the home were using an electric space heater for heat because the furnace was not working.
Gary Goforth, who was inside the home when the fire erupted, told WNEM TV5 the home was also without working smoke detectors.
"I woke up, ran upstairs and got my brother," Goforth said. "My other brother had to bust out the window with the baby and jump off the roof."
The house was complete destroyed.
The two other occupants suffered minor injuries.
The fire remains under investigation.
Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.