SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -
Here is a list of local cooling centers in our area for those trying to beat the heat:
- Operation: Reach at 119 S. Jefferson in Saginaw from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. -- they will have air-conditioning, bottled water and popcorn onsite.
- A TV5 Twitter follower posted to us that the Caro Library is being used as a cooling center for those who have no other way to cool off.
- Coleman Senior Center, 415 E. Webster, Coleman from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Greendale Center, West Midland Family Center, 4011.5 @. Isabella Road, Shepherd from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Happy Diners Center at MEmorial Presbyterian Church, 1310 Ashman Street, Midland from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mills Center, North Midland Family Center, 2601 E. Shearer Road, Mills Twp from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Sanford Senior Center, 113 West Lincoln St., Sanford from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Trailside Center at Senior Services Building, 4700 Dublin Ave., Midland from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Grace A. Dow Memorial Library, 1710 W. St. Andrews St., Midland from 9:30 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Midland Civic Arena, 405 Fast Ice Drive, Midland from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Midland Community Services Building, 220 W. Elsworth St. Midland, lobby and board room area, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- West Midland Family Center, 4011 W. Isabella Rd., Shepherd 7:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- North Midland Family Center, 2601 E. Shearer Rd., Mills Twp. from 11 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Riverside Friendship Center 800 J.F. Kennedy Drive, Bay City Monday-Friday 9 a.m.- 2 p.m.
- Hampton Happy Hearts 801 W. Center Road, Essexville Monday-Thursday 10 a.m.- 6 a.m./ Friday 2 p.m.- 6 p.m.
- Kawkawlin Senior Dining Center 1800 East Parish Road, Kawkawlin Wednesday-Thursday 9 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Rainbow Center at the Canteen 800 Livingston Avenue, Bay City Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 9:30 a.m.- 1:30 p.m.
- Williams Senior Dining Center 1080 West Midland Road, Auburn Monday-Thursday 9 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Hayes Meal Site 3821 Grant Avenue, Harrison Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lake George Township Hall 175 Lake George, Lake George Monday-Friday 9:30 a.m.- 5 p.m.
- Clare Senior Center 502 Beech Street, Clare Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Lake Meal Site DAV Building 9840 School Road, Lake Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Brennan Community Center
- Burton Senior Center
- Carmen-Ainsworth Senior Center
- Clio Senior Center
- Davison-Richfield Senior Center
- Eastside Senior Center
- Flushing Senior Center
- Forest Township Area Senior Center
- Grand Blanc Senior Center, Hasselbring Community Center
- Krapohl Senior Center, Loose Senior Center, Montrose Senior Center
- Pierce Senior Center
- Swartz Creek Senior Center
- Schnepp Health Care Center 427 East Washington Street, St Louis
- Gratiot Community Senior Center 1329 Michigan Avenue, St Louis
- Senior Activity Building 1011 East North Street, Ithaca
- Perrinton Community Center 305 West Elba, Perrinton
- Lapeer Senior Center
- Lamb-Steele Memorial Center
- Durand Senior Center
- Morrice Senior Center
- Owosso Senior Center
- Area churches may be used as cooling centers as well
- Caro Area District Library 840 West Frank Street, Caro through 7/22 9 a.m.-8 p.m.