WEIDMAN, Mich. (AP) - A few months ago, a mid-Michigan woman's family members weren't sure she'd be around to enjoy Thanksgiving with them.
But that's exactly what Evelyn Clark did.
After being severely burned in a gasoline fire in July, Clark has recovered and spent the holiday with her husband, Jim, her children and grandchildren at home in Weidman.
The 79-year-old nearly died while hospitalized at Spectrum Health Butterworth Campus in Grand Rapids.
Not only did she have third-degree burns covering 27% of her body, Clark developed pneumonia and another life-threatening condition while undergoing skin grafts. She was hospitalized for six weeks and at one point was not expected to live.
The Morning Sun of Mount Pleasant reports Clark had burns on her right arm, chest and face.
Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.