Medical marijuana lamps may have caused mobile home fire - WNEM TV 5

Medical marijuana lamps may have caused mobile home fire

HARRISON TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) - Eight pets have died at a Macomb County mobile home in a fire that may have been caused by lamps used to grow medical marijuana.

Harrison Township fire battalion chief Kevin Seehase says the lamps use a lot of power. Christine Bartoli says the home began filling with smoke around 9:15 a.m. Sunday. She and companion Edward Hanmer escaped without taking anything with them.

The Macomb Daily (http://bit.ly/ws8ct1 ) says the couple lost three dogs, two cats and three ferrets. 1 of the dogs was taken to a clinic but didn't survive.

The floor of the mobile home collapsed as firefighters worked the scene. The home was declared a total loss.

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.