Student hospitalized after consuming bath salts - WNEM TV 5

Student hospitalized after consuming bath salts

Posted: Updated:
Bath Salts (File Photo) Bath Salts (File Photo)
SAGINAW COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

A 14-year-old Merrill High School student was taken to a local hospital Wednesday after consuming bath salts.

According to the Saginaw News, the teen was transported from the school by a mobile medical response ambulance about at 2:40 p.m.

The Merrill superintendent confirmed the school called 911 about a student's health, but would not comment further.  

A Saginaw County Sheriff's official says this is the first bath salt-related incident reported at a local school. 

Bath salts may contain a number of synthetic chemicals that are strong stimulants. It can cause increased heart rate, chest pain, dizziness, delusions, panic attack, nose bleeding and nausea.

The teen is in stable condition and expected to make a full recovery.

Copyright 2012 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.