High school evacuated due to smoke in building - WNEM TV 5

All clear given at high school after smoke spreads through building

Posted: Updated:
Arthur Hill High School Arthur Hill High School
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

Saginaw County 911 Central Dispatch said students were evacuated from Arthur Hill High School for a while Monday afternoon due to smoke in the building.

The small fire happened around 1:30 p.m. at the Saginaw school. Fire crews said the tiny blaze broke out in the girl's locker room bathroom and the smoke got into an air duct and spread throughout the building.

First responders ventilated the building as the burned item was plastic and smoky.

Saginaw Schools Spokesperson Safiya Mosley said the students behaved and the evacuation went according to plan.

Crews were on scene for just over an hour and then students were allowed back in.

Copyright 2012 WNEM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.