The man who led police on a manhunt and standoff went to the hospital after his capture.
According to The Morning Sun, Blake Ketner took pills at some point during the ordeal at his mother's house in Isabella County.
He is still in the hospital and officials do not know when he will be released.
The standoff between police and the suspected armed robber ended peacefully Friday evening.
The Isabella County Sheriff's Office, along with many area law enforcement agencies, took Ketner into custody after a nearly eight-hour standoff.
The home invasion happened in northeast Isabella County around noon Friday.
Residents in the area were cautioned to be alert for the suspect, who was considered armed and dangerous.
Isabella County Central Dispatch issued a warning that stated the burglary occurred in the area of Coleman and Wise roads.
Police said Ketner assaulted the homeowner during the course of the burglary. The homeowner was hit in the head with a gun and received several stitches from the injury during a struggle with the suspect.
Posters on TV5's Facebook page said a helicopter could be seen scouring the area for the fugitive.
Ketner previously served prison time for various convictions and was released in June of 2011.
Copyright 2012 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information on obituaries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends in Mid-Michigan. Death notices are displayed during theMore >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends who have lost loved ones.More >