Authorities: Suspect arrested in highway shootings - WNEM TV 5

UPDATE

Authorities: Suspect arrested in highway shootings

Posted: Updated:
INGHAM COUNTY, MI (WNEM & AP) -

Authorities say a 43-year-old man has been arrested in connection with dozens of shootings across four Michigan counties that resulted in at least one injury.

A task force investigating the shootings says in a statement that the suspect was taken into custody Monday night in Wixom, the Detroit suburb where the shootings began last month.

This comes after police executed a search warrant of a home in Wixom on Monday night.

The task force says the man is known to have driven a vehicle matching the description provided by one shooting victim. It says potential evidence also was seized at the suspect's home.

Additional information about the man wasn't immediately released, pending review by prosecutors.

The shootings began Oct. 16 and stretched from Oakland County west to Ingham County. The targets in the 24 reported incidents were mostly cars traveling on roads near Interstate 96. One driver was injured.

Over 2,800 tips have come in since the task force was established on October 19, 2012.

WNEM will continue to follow this story as new information develops.

Copyright 2012 WNEM (Meredith Corporation) and Associated Press.  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.