Fire destroys Bay County barn and belongings - WNEM TV 5

Fire destroys Bay County barn and belongings

Posted: Updated:
AUBURN, MI (WNEM) -

A Bay County family is homeless after a fire destroyed a barn the family was living in.

It happened Thursday around 11 a.m. on South Garfield near Beaver Road, about 5 miles north of Auburn.

Ron Fournier and his wife were living in the pole barn while their new home is under construction. The couple was living in a camper parked in the barn. They are building a home on the property but it was not damaged during the fire.

"We we're living in it, all our belonging were in there, everything, everything we owned," said Fournier.

The family has lost everything in the blaze, including a camper and truck parked inside the barn.

The assistant fire chief believes propane tanks inside the barn fueled the fire. It is still under investigation. Fournier told TV5 he just had the propane tanks refilled yesterday.

Copyright 2012 WNEM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.