Carbon monoxide may be to blame for Bridgeport man's death - WNEM TV 5

Carbon monoxide may be to blame for Bridgeport man's death

Posted: Updated:
BRIDGEPORT TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

A 61-year-old man was found dead inside his home in Bridgeport Township Saturday morning.

Investigators believe he may have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

He was found after concerned neighbors called 911. They said they hadn't seen the man in nearly two weeks.

When deputies arrived, the door was locked, so they broke a window to try to get inside the home.

"There was a pungent odor that they were met with, they realized there's something in that house that could be dangerous to us," said Saginaw County Sheriff William Federspiel.

The Bridgeport Township Fire Department was called. When they went inside, they found the man inside.

Investigators say there are signs that the man had been working on his furnace.

Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.