A lamp is being blamed for starting a fire that severely damaged a West Valley house Thursday night and displaced two people.
Phoenix firefighters said an electrical short in the bedroom lamp sparked the fire about midnight.
A smoke alarm alerted the two people inside, and they safely made it out of the house near 78th Avenue and Indian School Road, firefighters said.
There was no monetary estimate of the damage, but the Red Cross was assisting the family in finding another place to live.
Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
A teenager who was reported missing Saturday night has been found safe thanks to social media.