Accused Chardon gunman due in court, expected to plead guilty
CHARDON, OH (WOIO) -
Tuesday's hearing is expected to be a change-of-plea hearing for TJ Lane.
The 18-year old Chardon High School student is charged with three counts of aggravated murder, two counts of attempted aggravated murder and one count of felonious assault.
Last week one of his lawyers told 19 Action News that a plea deal is in the works for the accused shooter. "The parties are working on plea negotiations at this time" said Attorney Ian Friedman.
Prosecutors say on Feb. 27, 2012 Lane entered the cafeteria at Chardon High School and opened fire.
17-year-old Russell King, Jr., 16-year-old Daniel Parmertor and 16-year-old Demetrius Hewlin were killed in the shooting. 17-year-old Nick Walczak remains paralyzed from the waist down. 18-year-old Joy Rickers and a 6th, unidentified victim were treated and released from the hospital.
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information on obituaries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends in Mid-Michigan. Death notices are displayed during theMore >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends who have lost loved ones.More >
Friday, August 29 2014 5:41 PM EDT2014-08-29 21:41:11 GMT
Tony Stewart should be back in his comfort zone at a NASCAR track, ready for racing.More >
Tony Stewart took his seat on the podium - unshaven, his eyes glassy - and unfolded a sheet of paper. His voice quivered as he read, pausing to maintain his composure as he described the death of a driver he hit as "one of...More >