Family's home destroyed after unusual chain reaction led to fire - WNEM TV 5

Family's home destroyed after unusual chain reaction led to fire

Posted: Updated:
KANSAS CITY, MO (KCTV) -

A Kansas City family is now homeless after a generator in a car powering their home caught fire.

The chain reaction sparked a fire that destroyed their home near East 29th Street and Euclid Avenue.

When firefighters arrived just before 2 a.m. Tuesday, the home was fully engulfed in flames.

Three adults were in the home at the time. They escaped safely.

According to fire officials, there was no electricity powering the home.

Instead, the three living in the home were using the generator in the car parked next to the home to power the house. The generator caught the car on fire and spread to the home.

Typically, the Red Cross does help families affected by fires, but in this case, the three people who were once living in the home now all found places to stay on their own.

Copyright 2013 KCTV (Meredith Corp.)  All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.