An electronic cigarette charger exploded inside a car Wednesday afternoon that caught the backseat on fire.
The owner of the vehicle left the electronic cigarette charger plugged in and unattended when the lithium battery appears to have exploded, according to the Glendale Fire Department.
When the electronic cigarette charger exploded hot fragments flew into the back seat causing it to catch fire.
The fire was put out quickly, but significant damage was done to the car.
The Glendale Fire Department encourages you to never leave any electronics unattended in the vehicles while they are charging.
Copyright2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.
A teenager who was reported missing Saturday night has been found safe thanks to social media.