From Chef Ouita Michel
Woodford Honey and Black Berries
1. Combine the cream, sugar, orange zest, along with the scraped vanilla bean in a sauce pan and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Add the Woodford Reserve to the hot liquid and turn off the flame.
2. In a bowl, sprinkle the gelatin across the top of the milk and let bloom or soften for a few minutes. Strain the hot cream over the gelatin and whisk together to make sure all the gelatin is dissolved.
3. Lightly spray 4 ounce custard cups with a pan release spray and pour the custard mix into the molds. Refrigerate at least 6 hours but best over night.
4. For the sauce: Gently heat the honey, stir in the Woodford Reserve.
5. To present: Run a little paring knife around the custard and coax out of the mold. Drizzle the Woodford honey over the top and garnish with the fresh berries.
When a Pennsylvania man died, he left behind a now-viral reminder of his life and his quirky sense of humor.More >