Family files $124M lawsuit in carbon monoxide deaths
CLARKSVILLE, TN (WSMV) -
The family of one of five people who died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a rented camper at the Clarksville Speedway in September 2011 is now suing the U.S. Army.
Kathryn Over, 27, died while attending an annual charity event sponsored by the organization Bikers Who Care.
The five had rented an RV from a program called Gear-to-Go at Fort Campbell.
Over's family claims employees there never inspected the carbon monoxide detector in the RV and rented it without batteries that would have assured the detector could function.
In addition to Over, her husband, 27-year-old Jonathan Michael Over; 39-year-old Timothy Bryan Stone; 32-year-old Allison Elizabeth Bagwell-Wyatt; and 38-year-old James Franklin Wall also died while they slept, and the medical examiner's report said all five had more than 45 percent of carbon monoxide saturation levels in their blood.
A generator sat outside the camper where the five people were sleeping, and all the doors and windows were closed at the time of the accident.
The lawsuit seeks $124 million in damages.
Copyright 2013 WSMV (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Family files $124M lawsuit in carbon monoxide deathsMore>>
Tuesday, April 20 2010 11:21 PM EDT2010-04-21 03:21:00 GMT
31 people are in trouble with the law after a three day prostitution sting in Richmond. Police told NBC12 they targeted specific areas where residents and business owners complained about the illegal activity.More >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information on obituaries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends in Mid-Michigan. Death notices are displayed during theMore >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends who have lost loved ones.More >