A house fire in Saginaw has sent three children to the hospital.
A 3-year-old child and two 1-year-old twins were taken to an area hospital. Those children are believed to have suffered smoke inhalation. Although the children are said to be alright, they have been transferred to Hurley Medical Center's burn unit.
At last check, the children were said to be in stable condition.
There were five children at home at the time of the blaze. Two were able to get out safely by themselves. Three children were rescued from the home by fire crews. One of the two children who made it out on their own, aged 4, suffered a burnt hand.
The fire happened around 7 a.m. Wednesday at a home on William Street near S. Mason street on the city's west side.
There is no word on the extent of damages to the home.
WNEM will continue to follow this story and will provide updates as new information comes into the TV5 Newsroom.
Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information on obituaries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends in Mid-Michigan. Death notices are displayed during theMore >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends who have lost loved ones.More >
Friday, August 29 2014 10:05 AM EDT2014-08-29 14:05:45 GMT
The unofficial end of Summer is once again upon us, and while many of us are certainly looking forward to it, you make also be asking yourself where all the time went this Summer. Whether you will beMore >
The unofficial end of Summer is once again upon us, and while many of us are certainly looking forward to it, you make also be asking yourself where all the time went this Summer.More >