Grand Blanc Twp. woman dies in house fire - WNEM TV 5


Grand Blanc Twp. woman dies in house fire

Posted: Updated:

A house fire has claimed the life of a Mid-Michigan woman. 

Firefighters were called to the home on Springdale Boulevard near Porter Road in Grand Blanc Township at around 6:20 a.m. on Tuesday.

Fire Chief Jim Harmes believes the fire may have started in the kitchen, but a fire marshal is investigating. Harmes also said the home didn't contain any working smoke detectors. The woman's identity has not yet been released.

Harmes says police and firefighters tried to rescue the woman but were unable to enter the home because of heavy smoke.

Stay with for more information as it becomes available.

Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.