2 treated for smoke inhalation in Glendale house fire - WNEM TV 5

UPDATE

2 treated for smoke inhalation in Glendale house fire

Posted: Updated:
Fire spread from the carport to the house. (Source: CBS 5 News) Fire spread from the carport to the house. (Source: CBS 5 News)
Fire in the 4800 block of West Myrtle in Glendale. (Source: CBS 5 News) Fire in the 4800 block of West Myrtle in Glendale. (Source: CBS 5 News)
GLENDALE, AZ (CBS5) -

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation in a fire at a Glendale home Sunday afternoon, firefighters said.

Fire officials said Monday morning that the fire was likely caused by an electrical malfunction in the carport area.

Residents told firefighters they heard a popping sound.

"They weren't sure what it was," said Glendale Fire Department Capt. Eric Keppler. "A few minutes later they heard a loud explosion."

They went outside and discovered the carport area was on fire, Keppler said.

They called 911 and tried to put it out with a garden hose until firefighters arrived.  

"The outside was pretty well involved," Keppler said.

The fire destroyed a vehicle in the carport and spread to the attic of the house in the 4800 block of West Myrtle.

Five people live in the home. The house sustained smoke and water damage.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved. 

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.