Officials: Michigan boy suffocated by plastic bag - WNEM TV 5

Officials: Michigan boy suffocated by plastic bag

Posted: Updated:
HASTINGS, Mich. (AP) -

Officials say a 3-year-old West Michigan boy accidentally suffocated himself with a plastic bag.

According to Michigan State Police, Joel Newton went to bed Monday with his 5-year-old brother. The two were playing when Joel placed a plastic bag over his head.

MLive.com reports Joel couldn't remove the bag, and his brother alerted their father, who performed CPR and called 911.

The Hastings boy died on Tuesday at a hospital.

WOOD-TV says authorities consider his death to be an accident and no foul play is suspected.

Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.