Gas leak problem cleared - WNEM TV 5

Gas leak problem cleared

Posted: Updated:

Everyone is safe after gas leak near Silverleaf and Weber Streets forced a temporary evacuation of residents Sunday morning.

County officials say a 6 inch plastic gas main broke, blowing gas into the county drain in downtown Gladwin.

They received reports around 9:30 this morning about a gas smell in the area.

Many people were evacuated to exercise caution as gas was pouring out of the line.

Just before 3:00p.m. residents were told they could return to their homes.

Consumers Energy had to close down the line which interrupted gas for some customers. But an official from the utility company says everyone's gas has been restored.

Stay with WNEM as we continue to gather more information about the situation.

Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2018, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.