Man that ingested toxic substance dies at hospital
Authorities outside the hospital on Friday.
Police and rescue personnel outside a home in Owosso.
OWOSSO, MI (WNEM) -
TV5 has learned that the man that ingested a toxic substance at his home in Owosso has died.
A hazmat situation took place at Owosso Memorial Healthcare in Owosso after the patient came into the emergency room early Friday morning.
Authorities told WNEM.com that the Shiawassee Hazardous Materials Team was called in to the hospital at 826 W. King Street after the man came into the ER around 5:30 a.m. for having ingested some type of "substance."
No contamination of the hospital was detected. The man's name has not been released.
The criminal investigation is over and police are now waiting on toxicology reports that could take up to 2 to 4 months.
According to the hospital's website, they are a 150-bed facility with more than 180 medical staff and 1,000 employees.
[Text "TV5" to 38102 to get breaking news alerts on your mobile phone]
Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
Wednesday, July 30 2014 5:57 AM EDT2014-07-30 09:57:07 GMT
It's troubling and alarming an old trend is resurfacing, teens across the country are passing out to get high, and the consequences could be deadly. It begins with rapid breathing, then a sudden gaspMore >
It's troubling and alarming an old trend is resurfacing, teens across the country are passing out to get high, and the consequences could be deadly.More >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information on obituaries 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends in Mid-Michigan. Death notices are displayed during theMore >
ObitMichigan.com is dedicated to delivering immediate, up-to-date information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to families and friends who have lost loved ones.More >