Man rejects Wal-Mart's offer to return to work - WNEM TV 5

FOLLOW-UP

Man rejects Wal-Mart's offer to return to work

Posted: Updated:
HARTLAND TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) -

A man who lost his job at Wal-Mart after interrupting an assault of a woman in the parking lot says he's rejecting the company's offer to return to work.

Kristopher Oswald was fired Oct. 13 from the store in Livingston County's Hartland Township. The 30-year-old said he saw a man grabbing a woman and intervened. Oswald said the man and two others attacked him.

A Wal-Mart spokeswoman said Oswald violated store policy, which instructs employees to alert managers and call police. After reviewing the matter, the Bentonville, Ark.-based store decided to give him his job back.

But Oswald tells the Livingston County Daily Press & Argus of Howell he's decided not to return for fear of retaliation.

A Wal-Mart spokeswoman says the company promised there would be no retaliation.

  • Fast Feedback

  • Do you think Wal-Mart was wrong to fire the employee?

  • Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far:

    Yes
    96%
    10888 votes
    No
    4%
    424 votes
Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.