Downtown Lapeer fire ruled accidental - WNEM TV 5

Downtown Lapeer fire ruled accidental

Posted:
Picture courtesy of Holly Smith Picture courtesy of Holly Smith

A fire that damaged three buildings nearly three weeks ago has been ruled an accident by fire investigators.

The Lapeer Fire Department said the fire started around 7 p.m. Tuesday night on Nov. 12, in an apartment complex near the PIX Theater, which is in downtown Lapeer.

Nobody was injured, and the 15 residents inside the apartment complex all got out safely. The Red Cross stepped in to assist residents who were affected by the fire.

Despite a Michigan State Police Fire Marshall's conclusion that the fire was accidental, authorities and Lapeer City officials have not released any further details into the blaze.

The PIX Theater is expected to be out of commission for at least three weeks as the damage to the 70-year-old theater is evaluated.

Copyright 2013 WNEM (Meredith Corporation).  All rights reserved.

 

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.