Cigarette believed cause of Phoenix mobile home fire - WNEM TV 5

Cigarette believed cause of Phoenix mobile home fire

Posted: Updated:
A fire in this mobile home Friday morning was blamed on a cigarette, the residents said. (Source: Phoenix Fire Department) A fire in this mobile home Friday morning was blamed on a cigarette, the residents said. (Source: Phoenix Fire Department)
PHOENIX (CBS5) -

A cigarette is believed to have started a fire that spread from a mattress throughout a mobile home Friday morning.

The fire, near 15th Avenue and Hatcher Road, started just before 4 a.m., and flames had engulfed the trailer by the time firefighters arrived, said Phoenix Fire Capt. Ruben Saavedra.

Crews fought the fire from several different areas and kept it isolated with only minor damages to three structures close to the trailer, Saavedra said.

Two people living in the trailer told firefighters they believed the fire started with a cigarette in bed.

They are looking for a new place to live, Saavedra said.

The investigation was continuing.

No other information was immediately available.

Copyright 2013 CBS 5 (KPHO Broadcasting Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.