A federal appeals court panel has issued a ruling that puts a halt to cuts to retiree health care benefits in Flint.
Three 6th Circuit Court of Appeals judges wrote Friday they're affirming a lower court's ruling that sides with the retirees in their lawsuit against the city and its former emergency manager.
Six retirees and the United Retired Governmental Employees sued after a 2012 decision by then-emergency manager Michael Brown that would have made retirees pay more for health coverage.
Flint officials have said if the cuts aren't allowed, it would cost the city millions and push it toward bankruptcy.
City spokesman Jason Lorenz tells WNEM TV5 officials are reviewing the court's decision.
URGE president Mary Bland told The Flint Journal she expects the city to continue its legal fight.
Information from: The Flint Journal, http://bit.ly/1e0iJR8
Copyright 2014 Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Thank you for participating in our poll. Here are the results so far: