Cause of Chinese restaurant fire released - WNEM TV 5

Cause of Chinese restaurant fire released

Posted: Updated:
GRAND BLANC TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

Firefighters were busy battling a large fire at a popular restaurant Sunday.

The blaze happened at the Canton Chinese Restaurant in Grand Blanc Township around 11 a.m. Sunday morning.

The restaurant is located at 3513 Fenton Road.

The fire spread very quickly through the vents.

Everyone made it out safely, but the building is completely destroyed.

On Monday, Grand Blanc Township's fire chief told TV5 the fire stemmed from food left cooking in two pots. One pot dried out and the food inside caught fire. The flames spread from there into the ceiling.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.