A student mechanic is without his tools after his garage went up in flames.
An off-duty firefighter spotted the blaze early Saturday morning in Spaulding Township and called for help.
By the time fire crews arrived, they say the garage was fully engulfed and flames were shooting through the roof.
Spaulding Township Fire Chief Ted Kochan suspects a wood stove may be to blame.
"You pretty much have to stay on top of the chimneys. That's mainly where it starts is in the chimney," said Kochan.
The exact cause of the fire is still unknown.
The garage was a total loss. No one was hurt.
Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.
The company that manages the brand officially describes Hello Kitty as a little girl from London.