Information contained on this page is provided by an independent third-party content provider. WorldNow and this Station make no warranties or representations in connection therewith. If you have any questions or comments about this page please contact email@example.com.
NAPERVILLE, Ill., Feb. 11, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Tellabs, recently acquired by Marlin Equity Partners who will merge it into Coriant, another portfolio company, is enhancing its Mobile Backhaul Solutions portfolio for LTE-advanced networks at Mobile World Congress with new capabilities that support fast-growing data services, low-latency voice and a wide range of applications – consumer, enterprise, machine-to-machine connectivity, cloud networking and more.
Tellabs' new edge router portfolio is further enabled to support Coriant's multilayer SDN solutions for mobile networks. SDN promises dramatic OpEx and CapEx savings in mobile backhaul. Tellabs will exhibit in Hall 6, Stand 6C61 in Barcelona, February 24-27.
- The Tellabs® 8665 Smart Router is a new high-scale node, providing a seamless evolution for Tellabs Smart Routers managed by the Tellabs® 8000 Intelligent Network Manager. Its IP routing and Ethernet switching capabilities, aligned with other Tellabs 8600 Smart Routers, support mobile operators as they build and scale LTE and LTE-Advanced networks. The Tellabs 8665 router is a 900 Gbps full duplex IP/MPLS router with an innovative design, small footprint, low power consumption, and future scalability to 3 Tbps. With Ethernet interfaces from 1 to 100 Gbps, it offers full capabilities for all-IP mobile and fixed networks.
- The new Tellabs® 8615 Smart Router is optimized for mobile and fixed-mobile converged networks, with 44 Gbps throughput in a compact 1RU unit. In the future, two Tellabs 8615 routers can be stacked to provide 88 Gbps throughput.
- The new Tellabs® 8602 Smart Router is a compact, environmentally hardened, full featured 6-port IP/MPLS router that's only one-third the size of competing products. It fits in the most demanding locations due to its compact, environmentally hardened, water- and dust-proof (IP 67) design. The Tellabs 8602 router enables plug-and-play autoconfiguration through SON (Self Organizing Network) capabilities, speeding deployment of small cells and macrocells. It's the first in a line of a new series of smart next-generation routers.
- The new Tellabs® Integrated GPS (GNSS) SFP Module extends Tellabs' industry- leading packet synchronization capabilities (e.g., IEEE1588v2, SynchE, ACR). It enables a flexible and cost-efficient Time-of-Day and Phase Synchronization in mobile backhaul networks, which is critical as networks evolve to LTE-TDD and LTE-Advanced. It enables substantial capital expense savings compared with external GPS receiver solutions. The GPS SFP is managed by the Tellabs intelligent manager, delivering simple and consistent support of synchronization across the network.
- The new user interface for Tellabs® Insight AnalyticsSM Services offers dashboards focused on operators' top concerns in mobile backhaul networks. It reveals network design flaws and risks not otherwise visible to operators, dramatically reduces reporting and analysis time, and helps mobile operators find root causes of problems faster. It's simple to use and deploy.
- Tellabs Packet Optical Solutions provide cost-effective scalable transport solutions that enable mobile and wholesale operators to both deliver cost-effective backhaul services as well as expand into adjacent markets such as revenue generating business services.
About Tellabs, Coriant and Marlin Equity Partners - Marlin Equity Partners, a global investment firm with over $2.6 billion in capital under management, has announced the formation of a single leadership and organizational structure for its Coriant and Tellabs portfolio companies. With a focus on customer value creation, this move represents the first step in a plan to merge the industry-leading networking suppliers under the Coriant brand.
Tellabs innovations advance smart networks and help our customers succeed. That's why 80% of the world's top communications service providers choose our mobile backhaul, packet optical, business and services solutions and applications. We help them get ahead by adding revenue, reducing expenses and optimizing networks. www.tellabs.com
©2012 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved.