The Berkeley County Coroner's Office says one man is dead and his wife sick after a charcoal grill was used to heat the inside of a home.
Authorities say at 2 p.m. on Thursday, EMS crews were called to a single wide mobile home on College Park Road for an ill person.
Coroner Bill Salisbury says when crews arrived they found a 25-year-old man, later identified as Audiel Lopez-Marroquin, had died, and his wife was sick.
During the investigation, authorities say they found that a charcoal grill was in the enclosed bedroom and was used for heat.
According to the coroner's office, an autopsy was conducted and the results led them to believe the person died from carbon monoxide poisoning.
"We will wait until the final toxicology report is received before we make our finial ruling on the death," Salisbury said in a statement." The death was investigated by the Berkeley County Coroner's Office and the Berkeley County Sheriff's Office."
Tuesday, July 29 2014 10:11 AM EDT2014-07-29 14:11:15 GMT
Shocking video of a young man who was beaten and robbed in broad daylight has gone viral, and it's all part of a disturbing trend. A handicapped man was beaten and robbed on the street while the wholeMore >
Shocking video of a young man who was beaten and robbed in broad daylight has gone viral, and it's all part of a disturbing trend.More >