Careless smoking to blame after fire rips through townhouse - WNEM TV 5

Careless smoking to blame after fire rips through townhouse

Posted: Updated:
FLINT, MI (WNEM) -

The condition of a 63-year-old man is now known after fire ripped through his townhouse late Sunday evening.

The fire happened around 11 p.m. at the townhouse, located at 4395 West Lakeside Dr. in Saginaw Township. The building is a four-unit townhouse.

The man was found lying near the sliding door of the home. The man was transferred to the Hurley Medical Center Burn Unit in Flint where he is listed in critical condition.

Crews were able to extinguish the flames and damage was confined to just the one unit. The unit sustained extensive heat and smoke damage.

Investigators says careless smoking was to blame.

Officials have not released the man's name.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.