Gas leak at local apartment complex injures man - WNEM TV 5

Gas leak at local apartment complex injures man

Posted: Updated:

One man was taken to a local hospital for evaluation after a gas leak Sunday afternoon. The incident happened at the Maple Bend Apartments located on Buena Vista Avenue in Mount Morris.

Police responded to the call of the gas leak around 2 p.m. One of the buildings was evacuated as a precaution.

Police say the leak appears to have started from a stove inside a second floor apartment. The man inside that unit was taken to the hospital but is expected to be okay.

Consumers Energy did cut gas and power to the building until the scene was deemed safe for residents to return.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.