Bronner's bomb threat subject turned in to authorities - WNEM TV 5

Bronner's bomb threat subject turned in to authorities

Posted: Updated:
FRANKENMUTH, MI (WNEM) -

A Mid-Michigan attorney turned in the subject of a bomb threat at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland.

The Saginaw County prosecutor is reviewing the case of a juvenile who allegedly made a bomb threat at Bronner's Christmas Wonderland.

An attorney and the suspect met with investigators last week. 

"It was a very intimidating threat and of course we take that very seriously when someone makes a threat against our visitors and of course our staff, not to say anything about our premises," said Wayne Bronner, owner.

Bronner's staff didn't waste anytime getting everyone out of the building when there was a recent bomb threat. It happened on Sunday, June 22 in the afternoon when a lot of people were there. 

Frankenmuth police said Bronner's went through all the right procedures in making sure everyone was out of the store.

"With the threats that are ongoing all over, you have to take each and every one very serious for the protection of everyone involved," Det. Randy Flathau said.

Police said media coverage and social media posts prompted the suspect's family to turn him in. 

Even though Bronner's took all the precautions necessary when the threat happened, Bronner said it's highly unusual to have a threat like that happen here.

"We've been in business for over 70 years here and it's just shocking that someone would establish a bomb threat, threaten the lives and well being of our staff and our visitors, and it's just really appalling that it takes place here that celebrates joy and happiness," Bronner said.

Bronner had some last words for the suspect and the incident in general.

"We feel bad for the suspect, for the family, nevertheless this was a very, very serious crime that was committed. It was a federal crime so the FBI was involved and we don't know what the resolution is going to be, but this was an incredibly stupid thing to do, and the consequences are going to have to be paid," Bronner said.

The suspect is a 15-year-old Mid-Michigan resident. 

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.