Man, woman found dead in Saginaw home ID'd - WNEM TV 5

Man, woman found dead in Saginaw home ID'd

Posted: Updated:
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

Saginaw police are investigating after two bodies were found inside a Saginaw home on Monday evening.

Police discovered Napoleon Buford Jr., 58, dead in the bathroom and Yvonne Mallett, 54, in the bedroom of the 939 Athens St. home.

Police said neither victim showed any signs of physical trauma on their bodies.

The autopsy determined both Mallett and Buford died of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Upon inspection of the home police discovered a generator in the basement with all fuel consumed, a propane turkey cooker and a lawnmower in the house.

The residence smelled of gasoline, police said.

Many neighbors said they never met the man who they said moved into the home only two weeks ago and many never saw a woman there.

Neighbors said there was no power to the home and they've seen a man using a generator for power and he would often bring the generator inside.

Barbara Thomas-Bulger said she's known the man living inside the home for years. She said whatever the cause her thoughts and prayers are with the families of both who died. 

"I used to see him come down and fix on the house and cut the grass and everything, it's just a tragic loss," Thomas-Bulger said.

The home where the bodies were found is currently in foreclosure for unpaid taxes and was condemned by the city.

Copyright 2014 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2014, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) and WorldNow. All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy and Terms of Service.