Early morning fire forces Mid-Michigan family out of their home - WNEM TV 5

Early morning fire forces Mid-Michigan family out of their home

Posted: Updated:
MONTROSE TOWNSHIP, MI (WNEM) -

An attic fire raced through a home in Genesee County around one o'clock this morning.

Several people who lived inside escaped the flames and smoke, all telling WNEM TV-5 they feel lucky they did.

"Me, my fiancé and my friend and my dog......feel very lucky could have been a lot worse... Could have been sleeping and it could have been a bad outcome" Teresa Link told TV-5.

Apparently an electrical problem may have caused the fire. Link tells TV there was a problem with a circuit breaker just before the fire started.

The blaze happened in the 12-thousand block of Seymour Road in Montrose Township.

Copyright 2015 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.