Home damaged by wind-caused electrical fire - WNEM TV 5

Home damaged by wind-caused electrical fire

Posted: Updated:
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

Lisa Keyser and her family are counting their blessings after strong winds started an electrical fire that impacted several homes on Woodbridge Street, including her own.

"Eventually the power lines lit on fire," said Keyser. "And, they quickly spread to our house, and onto the wiring inside our house."

Firefighters had to tear away the walls to get to the smoldering wires, taking apart a bedroom, and part of the family's bathroom, leaving Keyser only seconds to grab her things and get to safety.

But even with that, Keyser's just glad they were able to save what they could.

"We're thankful it wasn't any worse," said Keyser. "It could have been much worse, and we realize that. I'm glad we're not standing in a pile of rubble today."

Copyright 2015 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.