Man dies in house fire - WNEM TV 5

Man dies in house fire

Posted: Updated:
BAY COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

An elderly man is dead after investigators believe he may have accidentally caught his clothes on fire while using the stove.

Firefighters were called to the 4000 block of N. Flajole Road in Bay County’s Mt. Forest Township at 8:28 a.m.

The Bay County Sheriff’s Department tells us that a man saw smoke coming from his father’s house next door.

He ran over and found his father, 91-year-old Clifford Schwerin Sr., on the kitchen floor.

Schwerin had been using an electric stove for supplemental heat and investigators tell us he may have leaned over and accidentally caught his clothes on fire.

He was seriously burned and passed away.

Copyright 2015 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.