Family provided home for holidays after house burns down - WNEM TV 5

Family provided home for holidays after house burns down

Posted: Updated:
MT. MORRIS, MI (WNEM) -

A week before Thanksgiving, a family lost their home after a generator exploded and burned their home to the ground.

The Bennett family lost every on Nov. 20. And since the fire, the family has been staying in a single bedroom motel room in Birch Run.

But some community members wanted to make sure they had a home for the holidays.

Thanks to the Good Samaritan Network and community donations, the Bennett family is now in a much bigger, mostly furnished mobile home in Mt. Morris.

The Good Samaritans were even able to provide the family with a Christmas tree, so they could celebrate the holiday season.

Brandon Bennett said the family has been overwhelmed by the generosity in their time of need.

"To describe how grateful I am is hard to describe. It's hard to put into words how grateful we really are. Just to see my kids smiling again, seeing them wake up this morning, and just being excited to be alive even," Bennett said.

The Good Samaritan Network said the family still needs a few things like beds and dishes. 

Copyright 2015 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.