Overheated hand dryer causes school to evacuate - WNEM TV 5

Overheated hand dryer causes school to evacuate

Posted: Updated:
CARROLLTON, MI (WNEM) -

A Mid-Michigan elementary school was evacuated Friday morning after smoke broke out.

It happened in a male restroom at Carrollton Elementary, 3211 Carla Drive, in Carrollton.

The incident happened about 9:30 a.m. when a hand dryer in a boys’ bathroom overheated and created smoke, Superintendent Tim Wilson said.

Students were evacuated from the building while fire crews cleared the smoke. Classes resumed within an hour.

Wilson said the school safety drills they conducted made everything work like clockwork.

Copyright 2015 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.