Community rallying for family who lost medical equipment, home t - WNEM TV 5

Community rallying for family who lost medical equipment, home to fire

Posted: Updated:
BAY CITY, MI (WNEM) -

People want to help a family that lost everything in a New Year’s Day fire.

They saw TV5’s story Wednesday about Ernie Galan of Essexville.

His son Ernie has a rare genetic disorder.

The fire consumed young Ernie's medical equipment and all of the family's Christmas gifts.

When Deanna Prieur of Bay City got wind of the story, she rallied people on social media to donate food, necessities, even Christmas gifts.

"We've been getting a lot and hope to be dropping this off to them soon," Prieur said.

A girl who turns 8 in less than two weeks is going to take the money she gets for her birthday and give it to the Galans.

"Because it isn't fair other people have a house, and those people don't. That isn't fair. And they need a house in order to survive," said Krystal Evans.

Insurance will cover some of the loss. A GoFundMe account was set up to help with the costs.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.