Infant dies after crib catches fire, appears accidental - WNEM TV 5

UPDATE

Infant dies after crib catches fire, appears accidental

Posted: Updated:
Andrew Keller (WNEM) Andrew Keller (WNEM)
GENESEE COUNTY, MI (WNEM) -

The death of a 5-month-old boy who passed away after his crib caught fire appears to be accidental.

Genesee County Undersheriff Christopher Swanson said the boy, identified as Roman in a GoFundMe account, suffered severe burns at a home in Vienna Township on Feb. 11.

Officials got the call to respond to the home on W. Dodge Road at 2:12 p.m.

The boy was taken for treatment at Hurley Medical Center for severe burns. He passed away several hours later.

Officials say an open flame near the boy’s crib caught the bedding on fire while the baby was being cared for by family members.

A GoFundMe account appears to have been set up to help with funeral costs. You can see it here. So far more than $18,000 has been raised.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.