Officials: House explosion caused by making hashish - WNEM TV 5

Officials: House explosion caused by making hashish

Posted: Updated:
Source: WNEM Source: WNEM
stock photo stock photo
SAGINAW, MI (WNEM) -

Three people were hurt after a house exploded when someone was trying to make hashish, said MSP Fire Marshall Lenny Jaskulka.

The explosion happened just after 2:30 p.m. on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 409 Moore St. in Saginaw.

Firefighters were called to the scene for a butane explosion and found marijuana was being grown in the house.

Crews had trouble beating down the flames because of security bars on the doors, and windows that were boarded up from the inside.

The three men that were burned were taken to Hurley Medical Center in Flint, their conditions are unclear.

The home has since been demolished and the situation is still under investigation.

Hashish is an extract of the cannabis plan, and contains concentrations of the psychoactive resins.

Copyright 2016 WNEM (Meredith Corporation). All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly
WNEM
Powered by WorldNow CNN
All content © 2017, WNEM; Saginaw, MI. (A Meredith Corporation Station) . All Rights Reserved.
For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.